RD
Posted By
Richard_D.Reynolds
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m really new at this but one feature of PS 2 is driving me batty!!!

When I select a tool from the toolbar – say the crop tool – how can I deselect it, deactivate it, whatever, after I am through using it?

I’ve even tried closing and then rebooting PS 2 but the crop tool is still selected and active when I import a new image.

I’ve looked in five different PS 2 books but no one seems to give instructions as to how to "turn off " a tool.

Thanks, Richard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 9, 2003
Elements does not have a basic pointer tool. Alot of us park on the marquee tool or hand tool which will not affect your image.
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 9, 2003
Richard,

I hate to break this to you but as far as I know you can only deselect a tool by reselecting another. So after cropping select the hand so that you do not accidentally apply paint or crop,etc.

Terri
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 9, 2003
wrote…
I’m really new at this but one feature of PS 2 is driving me batty!!!
When I select a tool from the toolbar – say the crop tool – how can I deselect it, deactivate it, whatever, after I am through using it?
I’ve even tried closing and then rebooting PS 2 but the crop tool is still selected and active when I import a new image.

I’ve looked in five different PS 2 books but no one seems to give instructions as to how to "turn off " a tool.

Thanks, Richard

Type the letter "z" and you have selected the zoom tool.

Or type the letter "m" and park on the marquee tool.

Ed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections