T
Posted By
tmalcom
Jun 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I started working on a new web design in CS2 and one of my first steps is to determine what typefaces to use. I entered the text, clicked the font selection dropdown and started stepping through them with the cursor keys. CS2 crashed. I tried it several times and it always happens If it always happened in the same place, I’d suspect a bad font, but it happens in different places in the list and doesn’t seem to be predictable. The error I get is:

The instruction at "0x03f4d17c" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 8, 2005
that error means a dll version conflict. something overwrote a common dll that photoshop uses. reinstalling photoshop should fix it.
T
tmalcom
Jun 8, 2005
Oh crap. Thanks, Dave.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 9, 2005
don’t thank me yet. HOPEfully it’s photoshop and not a plugin or a scanner or printer driver. then you’d have to go hunting for it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections