J0
Posted By
jbrown_007
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how to set up an action for batch converting a folder of images where the action would be able to take files of varying resolutions, i.e. 72, 180 or 300, and convert them all to 300 dpi for printing a magazine?

Here is what I have tried, but doesn’t work.
I make an action by going into image size.
I copy the pixel width dimension(ex. 3072) to the clip board, then change the resolution from 72 to 300 pixels/inch, then I paste the original pixel width back into the width box. This keeps the amount of data(ex. 18mg) from changing. The problem is that the action always uses the pixel width dimension from the original image, so if any of the images in the batch are different sizes, then they are forced to the same width. Seems like a simple and common thing for magazine production departments to use.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 27, 2004
It sounde to me that you are making this unnecessarily complicated.

If you just want to change the ppi to 300 do it in Image Size with Resampling unchecked. The pixel dimnsions will stay the same so there’s no need to paste the original dimensions, etc.

If you actually want to change the dimensions of the image that is another story. You owuld have to resample. But my sense if it is that you don’t want to.
J0
jbrown_007
Jun 27, 2004
Ed,

Thanks so much. That works perfect. I should have known how to do that. Silly me.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections