JG
Posted By
JR_Geoffrion
Jun 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I "call" a script from an Action, it records the exact and absolute location of this script (such as D:\JR’s Files\Imaging\Scripts).

This means that if I send my Action and script to someone else, the likelyhood of having the exact same path for the script is slim to none. In addition, unlike other steps in actions, Script locations can’t be edited by double-clicking on the step. This means that the receiver of the action containing a script must re-record the script call and remove the previous one.

Is there a way to specify a "relative" script location in an action so that anyone can use the action without having to re-record script?

Thanks in advance!

JR
<http://www.jrgeoffrion.com>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DR
Danny Raphael
Jun 8, 2005
I don’t believe so. Far as I know it’s like recording a File > Open or Save… PS hard codes the path and file name in the recorded command.

For your personal PS environment here’s something to consider: Assumption: At some point after ugrading to the newest version of PS you delete the file tree of previous version. If you save your scripts called by actions in a generic folder outside of CS2\presets\scripts, e.g. \My Documents\My Scripts, you will avoid having to rerecord the actions that call them when CS3 comes along.
JG
JR_Geoffrion
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks Danny!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections