CO
Posted By
Christopher_Orlowski
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve designed a "membership seal" graphic for a client. The client is requesting a JPEG file that is "locked" so that it can’t be altered by people posting the graphic on their websites. Is this possible?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LRK
Jun 24, 2004
This is really not much help. All they have to do is open it and resave it. Also a person could create a screen shot and save it.
B
Buko
Jun 24, 2004
You can lock a PDF
L
LRK
Jun 24, 2004
Buko is right.

However… back to the jpg on their web site. One thing [I think] I’m learning is that if it makes the client "feel" better, just do it. Lock the jpg and maybe they will feel better anyway. :p
CO
Christopher_Orlowski
Jun 24, 2004
So is there a way to lock the JPEG, or would I just tell my client that it’s locked?
L
LRK
Jun 24, 2004
Yes, there is a way to lock the JPG. Click on the image icon, then do Command-i. Check the locked box and close. You might need to do this as the last step though or you may not be able to move the image from one place to another.
CO
Christopher_Orlowski
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks for your help. It’s much appreciated.
B
Buko
Jun 24, 2004
Well you can lock a jpg with command I

but whats to stop somebody from unlocking it with another command I.

If you want security you need a pasword protected PDF
P
progress
Jun 24, 2004
PDF…which has already been comprimised…ho hum…next?

if you want something to be safe dont stick it on the web full stop.

A locked jpeg can still be saved, it can be screen shot or just linked to, or taken from the cache in an unlocked state.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections