TL
Posted By
Tim_Lookingbill
Jun 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just want to double check wih you all about monitor profiles. I noticed sometimes my calibration SW builds a profile that shows the intended neutral cast of an RGB gray file in PictureViewer, an nonCM app, but looks green in PS 7.01 viewed side by side.

RGB gray IS suppose to look the same when the RGB numbers in the file are equal XXXrgb in both apps? Correct?

I ask this because there is one particular XYZ phosphor describer set I select in the calibrator SW that does this and I have to pick another set to get the RGB gray files to look the same in both apps.

Just want to confirm with others on this.

Thanks for the input.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Jun 14, 2004
Tim,

that shows the intended neutral cast of an RGB gray file in PictureViewer, an nonCM app, but looks green in PS 7.01 viewed side by side.

Then the monitor profile is off.
TL
Tim_Lookingbill
Jun 14, 2004
Thanks, Ramon. I knew I could count on you.

I thought so at the beginning but just wanted to make sure that was it. This XYZ set that does this was custom made from the native numbers of my Hitachi tube monitor.

Bergdesign made it and mentioned he was using either Bradford or Munsell adaptive something or other in the construct. I told him about this but said I should use his calibrator in OS X for better results. That was all he could do.

Oh well. I don’t need it. I use another that gives more accurate results, anyway.

Thanks, Ramon.
R
Ram
Jun 15, 2004
Tim,

Many incompatibilities have been reported with Hitachi monitors.

As far as Bergdesign’s SuperCal, it did a better job than Apple’s eyeball calibrator, but, at least in my experience, hardware calibrators do a much better job on my monitors. The Artisan comes with its own and the Spyder does a very good job on my second monitor. I don’t know if you’re referring to SuperCal or not.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections