EC
Posted By
Evan_Clark
Jun 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just created a web page header in ImageReady in Photoshop 7. It includes some rollover buttons in the nav bar. I’d like to paste the header into existing web pages (made with Dreamweaver MX 2004), but I’m not sure how to do it. My options on saving the .psd file (optimized) seem to be as an .html file. Does this mean I must build each new page from the saved .html file in order to use the header with the rollover buttons?

Any advice would be most appreciated ….

Power Mac G4
OS 10.3.4

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 14, 2004
I am not an expert in this but since no one else has answered I’ll take a crack. Rollovers are defined by the javascript code that resides in the html document. It’s not part of the psd.

If you look at the manual or Help files you will see some options for copying rollover states or rollover styles to different documents. In addition to these you could copy text from the html document itself and paste into the new one.

If Dreamweaver is anything like GoLive you can probably select and copy the rollovers themselves from the layout and copy or drag them to the new document. That might be the easiest and best way to go. When the program writes the html for that document it will include the javascript code.

Remember that whatever you do you need to accompany the html file with the image files, but if both html files are in the same main directory you only need one copy of the image files.

Hope I got this all correct. You might ask in a Dreamweaver forum or newsgroup to make sure.
L
LRK
Jun 14, 2004
Evan,

I’m not sure if I understand your question but I will tell you my workflow and hopefully that will help provide the answer you need.

After creating a Web document with rollovers in ImageReady, I choose Save for Web and for options I choose HTML and all images and then create a folder for them.

Then I take that folder including the HTML doc and images to my site window in either GoLive or DreamWeaver and work from the site window to complete the project.
J
jonf
Jun 14, 2004
I’m fairly certain you could open your html file in Dreamweaver, save it as a library item, and place that library item into your dreamweaver html pages.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections