DJ
Posted By
dave_jones2
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been running Elements’ "create web page" function successfully for sometime. However, recently, these runs have not worked, as many (but not all) of the vertical format photos are rotated to a landscape format when the image and thumbnail files are generated.

Has anybody else had this happen to them. I have not changed anything on my computer recently, and the only other thing I can think of is one of the automatic Adobe updates to the program files somehow introduced a bug into this function.

Thanks.

Dave
www.vesperlight.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 3, 2003
Well, there haven’t been any updates that I know of, so I doubt that changed anything. I’d suggest trying a deletion of the Elements Preference folder to see if that helps.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon, and then make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Win) or Command, Option, and Shift (Mac). Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. The Preference folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch.

Also, how are you doing the rotation? There are a couple of places where an image can be rotated for viewing, but the rotation isn’t saved to the image file. Might this have anything to do with it?
DJ
dave_jones2
Dec 7, 2003
Thanks Beth. Yes, I did try resetting the preferences, and it worked fine for one batch job, then started acting up again. Now, I can’t reset it to work normal again.

It’s not affecting all of the vertical format photos – maybe half of them. However, there is no pattern, some are the auto rotate photos from the camera, some are from corrected or cropped images, but again all of the original images in the input folder display fine.

Could I need more RAM for the processing?

Thanks.

Dave
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 7, 2003
Dave,

What kind of system are you using, OS and RAM?
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 7, 2003
I wouldn’t think lack of RAM would cause this kind of problem. It sounds more like something is interfering with a proper save. And, since you said you deleted the Preference folder, got it to work properly for a while and then it started acting up again, I’m wondering about some kind of conflict within the computer system that’s causing the trouble.

Do you have any anti virus software installed and running while using Elements? If so, try uninstalling Elements, including a separate Find for the Preference folder, then take off the anti-virus software, then reinstall Elements and try it again.

If you don’t have anti-virus running, post more specs about your platform and operating system, and a little bit of info about the hardware, too.
DJ
dave_jones2
Dec 7, 2003
I have the Norton anti-virus auto protect running (and their internet firewall security)(and built-in D-link router firewall software).

Running Windows ME, on a HP computer w/ Pentium III.

I’ll try running it without the virus software.
DJ
dave_jones2
Dec 8, 2003
Beth:

Thanks if you catch this message. I turned off the auto protect and script blocking features on the anti-virus software and so far have not had any more problems with Elements on the create web page function.

Dave
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 8, 2003
Woohoo!! I’m glad you got that little obstacle overcome. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections