How Do I scan line drawing (not background) as transparent layer?

MS
Posted By
melissa_stang
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s what I want to do: Scan a pencil drawing and be able to float just the line drawing (not the white backgroud) and apply it to different experimental backgrounds in photoshop. (way too complicated to select via magic wand)

Also- If I draw in blue pencil, can I ask photoshop to change the color of the drawn lines to a different color, black for example?

I’m on a MAC OS X w/ photoshop elements. My e-mail is

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi Frye
Dec 3, 2003
melissa, here is a quick fix that works quite well;

<http://www.freephotoshop.com/html/etsuro_endo.html>
I
imacgirl
Dec 3, 2003
Hi Jodi,

I was all excited to see this for Mac and thought maybe it was finally updated for OS X! 🙂 Unfortunately it hasn’t yet, I just tried to install it again and it’s a no go, found out the plug-in is from pre-OS X days still! 🙁

Barb
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 3, 2003
No, it’s from photoshop 3. That’s about 1995.
JF
Jodi Frye
Dec 3, 2003
Barb, both, I think i can come up with a layer style that will remove white from an image…I think…kind of busy but will look into it as soon as I can.
I
imacgirl
Dec 3, 2003
Jodi, you’re an angel! 🙂 I’ll be waiting patiently, no hurry. You’re so kind, thanks!

Barb
PL
Paul_L_UK
Dec 4, 2003
It is also one of the tools on Hidden Elements, Richard Lynch. Cannot remember if it off the book or one of the freebies.

Paul
I
imacgirl
Dec 4, 2003
Jodi,

Thanks for your kind offer, but I found the Alpha Tool in the plug-ins I purchased from the Plug-In Galaxy <http://thepluginsite.com/products/plugingalaxy> does just that. 🙂 It removes any color I select. I totally forgot about all the great plug-ins I added on and these do run in OS X. Melissa you may want to check them out as well.

Barb
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 4, 2003
Barb, how is their page curl?
I
imacgirl
Dec 4, 2003
Barbara, it’s great, loaded with options. I think you can try-out all of these plug-ins as demos so you can see for yourself…lots of good ones!

Barb

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections