TF
Posted By
Thomas_Feichtel
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having trouble printing to my DPP-SV55 Sony digital printer when using Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Photo Deluxe. I’m running Windows XP. When I select the Sony printer the entire program shuts down as if I hit the close button. When I ran Adobe Photo Deluxe and the Sony printer under Windows 98 I never had a problem. Any one have any ideas what I can do to address this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
Dec 3, 2003
I don’t know anything at all about your printer. The only thing I can think of is the possibility that you might be trying to use a Windows 98 driver on Windows XP. Have you look at the Sony website for an updated driver?
TF
Thomas_Feichtel
Dec 3, 2003
I have installed the Win XP driver. My Sony Photo Printer works with everything but the Adobe Phototshop Elements and Adobe PhotoDeluxe.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 3, 2003
I’m not sure why this might work – or that it will, but try deleting the Elements Preference folder. That occasionally takes care of quirks like this.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes.

There’s no real reason why this fix should work, but a corrupted Preference folder has been known to cause all kinds of problems that make no sense. It won’t hurt anything to try.
TF
Thomas_Feichtel
Dec 3, 2003
Beth… Thanks I did try that with Photoshop Elements but it didn’t work. I got the same result.
RB
Ralph_Brannon
Dec 3, 2003
I use the Sony printer as one of my printers on XP with PS2. If I remember correctly, when I first installed the printer it either wouldn’t print, or hang up the first time I tried to use it. Deleteing the printer and re-install would fix it untill the next time it was booted up.
I believe I downloaded a new set of drivers for XP, and haven’t had any problem since. Be sure to delete the printer,start/settings/printer, and any copy’s that may have installed before you re-install the new drivers.

Good Luck,
Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
TF
Thomas_Feichtel
Dec 8, 2003
Thanks Ralph… I tried your approach of deleting everything that had any trace of the Sony digital printer and then reloaded the software. Still does not work. As soon as I select theprinter it bombs out.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 8, 2003
Thomas,

Did you check for new drivers for the printer and use those for the installation?
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 8, 2003
Is the port set for bi-directional?
TF
Thomas_Feichtel
Dec 12, 2003
Nancy S .. to answer both of your questions the new drivers were downloaded and installed. So I’m sure its as current as it can be. The port is set for bi-directional. Also I can print from any other application but not from Adobe.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections