OT: Looking for program similar to "Thumbs," but better.

BW
Posted By
Brett_Watson
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I apologize that this is slightly off topic, but I figured this was a great place to ask my question.

I found a program called Thumbs, which can be found here:

<http://www.greggman.com/thumbs/>

It basically creates an Internet Explorer page with thumbnails of images you chose. By clicking the thumbnail you can view the larger version of that image. It creates autorun files so that you can burn all the files created by Thumbs, along with the images, to a CD. The CD can then be given to people that don’t have Photoshop Album, Photoshop Elements, or any other photo viewing program that they are knowledgeable with. It’s a great way to give photos to your "not-so-computer-savvy" relatives.

However, the templates are horrible. I always use the same "slides" template, making for very boring discs.

Does anybody know of a similar program?

Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 1, 2003
Have you tried using the Web Photo Gallery feature of Elements 2? It won’t burn the CD for you, but that’s not hard to do. There are a number of different templates, and the gallery will open in any browser on either a Windows or Mac computer. Check it out. Otherwise, it has the same features – a thumbnail and a larger image.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 1, 2003
wrote…
I found a program called Thumbs, which can be found here:

….

Does anybody know of a similar program?

You can create custom frames and use them with the program you mention.

I saw there are a few new templates at the site.

Programs I’ve tried: memoriesonweb, irfanview, picasa, photoshop elements, myslideshow, thumbs, myalbum. Myalbum may be the next one for you to try.

If the program you use has a .css file, then you may be able to apply some customizing there. For instance, the background color and image can be changed without too much trouble.

Ed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections