DR
Posted By
daviddiamond.remove-if-not-spam
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot imagine a more newbie-ish question, but I must be missing something rather basic.

I have a simple jpeg image (no layers). I simply want to select an area of that image and drag it elsewhere in the image.

In Microsoft Paint, I simply define the area with a rectangular or freeform selection tool, and drag it with the mouse.

In Photoshop Elements, I seem to be able to drag the dotted line selection outline (defined via the lasso or move tool), but the image itself that was lassoed stays put.

If I use the move tool, I can distort the image by dragging an edge of the selection outline, but I have not figured out how to drag the entire selection at once. If I drag from within the selected area, only the selection outline moves, not the selected portion of the image. What am I missing?

– David D.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BT
Ben T
Dec 2, 2003
David
I don’t think you will be getting an answer here in Outlook Express. Practically all you see here is exported from an Adobe forum. Go to the site below it will lead you to it.
Ben

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

"David D." wrote in message
I cannot imagine a more newbie-ish question, but I must be missing
something
rather basic.

I have a simple jpeg image (no layers). I simply want to select an area
of
that image and drag it elsewhere in the image.

In Microsoft Paint, I simply define the area with a rectangular or
freeform
selection tool, and drag it with the mouse.

In Photoshop Elements, I seem to be able to drag the dotted line selection outline (defined via the lasso or move tool), but the image itself that
was
lassoed stays put.

If I use the move tool, I can distort the image by dragging an edge of the selection outline, but I have not figured out how to drag the entire selection at once. If I drag from within the selected area, only the selection outline moves, not the selected portion of the image. What am
I
missing?

– David D.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections