JT
Posted By
joao_trabuco
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
it‘s possible give more memory to Photoshop?
maximum RAM used by Photoshop 100% = (1771MB)
but my G5 have 4GB of RAM

Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
Photoshop 8 CS
4 GB DDR SDRAM
Mac OSX 10.3.4

?? ? it‘s possible give more memory to Photoshop? ??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GP
Graham_Phillips
Jun 2, 2004
In a word, no.
JT
joao_trabuco
Jun 2, 2004
thanks, but for what a hell ive got 4GB or even 8 GB RAM ok, so, i ve got 3GB of RAM to GIVE
L
Larryr544
Jun 2, 2004
In a sentence…4GB of RAM is a great amount!
JT
joao_trabuco
Jun 2, 2004
4GB of RAM is a great amount …and i expect to used it all in Photoshop8! GRRRRRRrrrr!!

but its Ok, now i can have 1321255204 applications, open in background!!! yeh!!!
GP
Graham_Phillips
Jun 2, 2004
To be fair, having a lot more than 2 GB helps because Mac OS X doesn’t have to share memory with Photoshop. Also you can have Mail, Safari, Word, InDesign, etc. open at the same time and they are less likely to encroach on Photoshop’s space either. But if you only use Photoshop and nothing else, then 2.5 GB would seem to be an efficient amount.
R
Ram
Jun 2, 2004
Joao,

As it has been pointed out to you, it’s not possible. It’s a limitation of any and all 32-bit operating systems. While your computer is 64-bit capable, the OS is not. It’ll be a while before you see a true 64-bit OS being released.
GP
Graham_Phillips
Jun 2, 2004
Yup. And we 32-bitters will be left behind.
R
Ram
Jun 2, 2004
Nah, by then the G5s are going to be obsolete and we’ll be truly ready for new machines anyway.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections