Scan drawing into PS- How can I get the lines thinner?

ES
Posted By
Elliott_Scott
Jun 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello!

I’m manually drawing art and then scanning into PhotoShop. The problem is that the lines end up too wide. I’m using a fine point in the first place so my source can’t get any thinner. Is there a way to decrease the thickness of the lines of a scanned in object?
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 2, 2004
Have you tried increasing the exposure/changing the gamma (or using whatever controls your scanning software provides)?

And scan as a Grayscale not as Line Art.

Or use Photoshop’s Curves: steepen the curve by moving the white point to the left and the black-point to the right.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 2, 2004
Filter>Other>Maximum 1 or 2 pixels might do the trick. I stress MIGHT. Could look okay or awful.
M
MarkATS
Jun 2, 2004
A better scanner?
P
PShock
Jun 2, 2004
Is the purpose print or web?

Are the lines "too wide" for you on the original? If yes, disregard the following:

For print – if you scan 1:1 at the desired resolution, the line thickness should print out at the exact size of the original. If for web, you have to remember that with different resolutions, "fine point" won’t necessarily be fine point on a monitor. One inch on the original could fill an entire 21 in. screen, depending on resolution.

-phil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections