can’t stop showing extras (and going nuts)

BE
Posted By
Brad_Eller
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

This is my 1st post to the forum, and I’d love any suggestions on how to permanantly hide the little dotted selection box that has recently been popping up around all my selections. A quick command-H temporarily hides the box but it comes back.

I had this problem about a year ago and I think I solved it w/ a fresh install of photoshop. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Brad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 26, 2004
As far as I know there is no way to turn-off the marching ants permanently. Cmd. H toggles their visibility on and off at will.
BE
Brad_Eller
May 27, 2004
Is not marching ants it’s…easier to just show you. Please check out the linked screenshot:www.alcoholpolicynetwork.org/select_box.jpg <www.alcoholpolicynetwork.org/select_box.jpg>

BTW I reinstalled photoshop 7 but that didn’t solve anything.

It’s a pain trying to work with this visually annyoing box automatically showing up on all my selections.

Thanks for your reply, Ann. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Brad
J
jonf
May 27, 2004
If you can edit your link in time, use the correct html tag , put quote marks around the link, close the command with the carrot >, add the text you want to appears as linked, then provide an end tag
P
Phosphor
May 27, 2004
try this: <http://www.alcoholpolicynetwork.org/select_box.jpg>

What you’re seeing, Brad, is the "Bounding Box."

With the Move Tool selected in the toolbox, look at the Options Bar.

Un-check the "Show Bounding Box" box.
BE
Brad_Eller
May 27, 2004
AHHHH…that feels so good! 😉
Thanks Phosphor.
Thanks for the html help too.

Brad
P
Phosphor
May 27, 2004
You’re welcome.

All my info points to is that it’s extremely important to look at and explore every possibilty that Photoshop offers.

There’s lots to be found by Control-Clicking on EVERYthing, and to explore options, looking for drop-down and flyout menus wherever you see little tiny triangles in the interface.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections