SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know if it’s possible to have PS rename your Raws and Jpegs in unison?

Also, does anyone speak French? I got this message from PS recently and was wondering if there a translator in the group:
"you must include at least one of the document name, serial number, or serial letter choices so the destination name is different for different input files."

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RG
Rene_Garneau
May 26, 2004
I don’t know about PS, but iView Media Pro can do it.
RW
Rene_Walling
May 26, 2004
"you must include at least one of the document name, serial number, or serial letter choices so the destination name is different for different input files."

Something like that:

Vous devez inclure au moins un nom de document, numero de serie ou lettre de serie afin que le nom de la destination soit different pour chaque fichier intrant.
SG
Scottie_G.
May 26, 2004
thanks Rene. Lot of Renes on this thread. Well this is not an i view forum, but please anyway, tell me how to do it — I just got the new i view media 2, and have no idea.

I figured out the other thing, but yes, I do need some kind of decoder to decipher Adobe language, maybe part French and hologram.
RG
Rene_Garneau
May 27, 2004
pour chaque fichier intrant.

Should be "entrant" not "intrant".

I don’t have iView in front of me right now, but you highlight the pictures you want to re-name, then go in the menus at the top (the 3rd or 4th from the left, I think) and it says: "Batch remane…" and from there it’s pretty self explanatory. Try it on a few pictures first and see how it behaves. It works very well.
BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 27, 2004
You need to process the JPEGs and the raws separately—the File browser is smart enough to rename sidecar .xmps along with the raws and keep the filenames in sync, but you have to handle JPEGs manually.

I use the Search tool in File Browser to find all the JPEGs (File Type – is – JPEG), then Batch Rename them (you MUST include the Extension as the last element in the new name.

Then I search for File Type – is – Camera Raw to find all the raws, and run the exact same Batch Rename.

That way your raws, JPEGs, and sidecar .xmp’s get renamed with the file names in sync.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections