N
Posted By
nytrashman7618
Nov 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when I open some of my saved images (PSD) in PSE 2 sometimes a box appears which says "detecting water mark", what does this mean and why does this only happen with certain pics?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 21, 2003
I’ve had that happen, too, but I don’t remember ever figuring out a pattern or asking why. I just ignore it! 🙂 Now that I’ve responded to this post, it should come up to the top again. Maybe somebody else knows.
I
imacgirl
Nov 21, 2003
George,

I came across this very same thing many months ago and didn’t understand it either. ‘Detect Watermark’ appears while opening psd’s when certain, not all, ‘Layer Styles’ have been added to an image file. I was confused about this and thought a watermark had been added to one of my images. Check your layers palette and see if that’s the case. You can hit the cancel button when this appears to open the file faster.

Barb
B
BobHill
Nov 21, 2003
Also, "You can view copyright and authorship information that has been added to the file. This information includes standard file information and Digimarc® watermarks. Photoshop Elements automatically scans opened images for Digimarc watermarks. If a watermark is detected, Photoshop Elements displays a copyright symbol in the image window’s title bar and includes the information in the Copyright Status, Copyright Notice, and Owner URL sections of the File Info dialog box."

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections