S
Posted By
sdwyer
Jun 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have just installed CS2 on 2 different machines. Both are pretty good machines. They were build for running photoshop and nothing else. The machines are about 1 year old and they have 1g of ram.
Photoshop 7.0 ran pretty quickly on both machines. Now that we are running CS2 it very sluggish. We are allocating 80% to photoshop.

Is anyone else seeing this??

Shane

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 3, 2005
Some experience slow redraws, due to faulty videocard drivers. What videocard? are drivers updated?
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 3, 2005
What, specifically, is slow?
SD
Shane_Dwyer
Jun 9, 2005
The entire program is slow. Especially the bridge browser. I don’t know the name of the video cards but they are new and high power. When purchased I told the computer guy that it was going to run Photoshop and I wanted the best video card I could get.

Shane
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 9, 2005
If you call your garage, do you expect the mechanic to help you if you just say "the car is making a noise" witout telling what car you are running, neither where the noise comes from, and if the noise is a buzz, a humming…

You do need to give more explanations in order to get help: do you have a lot of fonts, what videocard brand and model, the processor, maybe the number of fonts installed.

80% is too much, especially if you have only 1Gb of RAM.
S
shirley65
Jun 9, 2005
it s not the first time in this forum people have stated that CS2 version runs slower than its previous version.
it must be a bit of truth there!
Pierre how much memory would you allocated ideally if I have "only" 1Gb of RAM?

Shirley
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 9, 2005
I’d say 55% or 60%, but your mileage may vary: you maybe work on small images or huge ones, use plug-ins or not, etc.

An engineer would have a much more valid answer.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections