DW
Posted By
David_Witteried
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a reproducible error with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 7 and Photoshop Elements. If I have Dragon NaturallySpeaking running (microphone on) I receive an " unexpected exception c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)" error message when I try to shutdown Photoshop Elements. The problem used to occure frequently when I had 512MB of RAM. But after upgradiing to 1GB the problem pretty much went away. After upgrading Dragon to V7 SP 1 the problem is back in spades! Photoshop will finnaly close after clicking the OK button on the error dialog. Any thoughts?

The error log indicates the error occured with "PhotoshopElements.exe".

Thanks,

David Witteried

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 19, 2003
I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking, but I am still on version 5. I use it quite a bit for sending e-mail messages and responding to users in these forums, but other than that I have very little use for it so I haven’t bothered to try to keep up with the newer versions. I ran into a problem very similar to yours after I purchased a new computer with Windows XP installed on it. It seems that I now have to only have Dragon NaturallySpeaking open on that computer or else I get the same kinds of messages you are getting. I even tried to uninstall it, and ran into some problems doing that. So I have decided that it is just something that I have to live with. I find that if I minimize whatever other program I have open that NaturallySpeaking will function normally most of the time. But it’s frustrating to have that limitation. I don’t have a solution for you. I just wanted you to know that I have the same problem.
B
BobHill
Nov 20, 2003
David,

That would be a situation where you’d need to use a Dragon FAQ or User to User groupe, if they have one. The problem lies with Dragon, even though it’s causing the trouble in Elements.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections