How do I import an e-mail photo into elements?

TF
Posted By
Terri_Foster
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know there must be a way to import a photo from an e-mail into elements 2 for editing (or even PA1). I’m drawing a blank. I’m on Win XP using Outlook Express. I imported item to desktop then tried to open in PE2 but elements is being naughty, and says it does not recognize file type. I checked properties…no check mark on read only or hidden. I don’t even see a file extension. I just see an envelope with file name and e-mail file. I just know this is going to be something easy that I’m overlooking. Thanks in advance for any advice. I also still have a copy of e-mail still in Outlook express if this is an easier point to explain from.

Terri

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KW
Ken_Wolin
Nov 19, 2003
After opening it in Outlook Express, try right-clicking on it and hit Copy. Then go to PE and go to File/New/OK and when the new blank document opens, hit Paste.

Hope that works.

—-Kenny
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 19, 2003
Ken

You are the Man! Thank you very much…it worked like a charm.
DL
Darvin_L._Miller
Nov 21, 2003
I have arranged many Picture Package sheets and filed them in psd. When I pull them back up to print them most of them print
clearly but some are blurred. What is the cause of these that are printing blurred?
B
BobHill
Nov 21, 2003
Darvin,

"Blurring" of an original photo image is usually due to a bad lens focus or aperture (lens speed) to begin with. Sometimes you can make an effect out of this, but you can NEVER truly unblur it, in that case. You can apply various effects which may make it look better, but the original is the best quality you’ll ever get, whether from a camera or scanner. If, by blur, you mean it’s looking pixelated when being printed, then change the pixels per inch prior to printing, being sure that it’s between 150ppi and 300ppi and never is other than whole resolution numbers (no decimals).

Bob
DL
Darvin_L._Miller
Nov 21, 2003
I believe your last comment is what I need to check out since all pictures on the sheet, except one, are very clear and their clarity is shown on the monitor. In addition to the blurring, I also have the problem of them printing out darker than what is shown on the monitor. Thanks for your assist, Bob.
B
BobHill
Nov 21, 2003
Darvin,

If you are seeing the image properly onscreen, and the print isn’t, then 99 times out of 100, it’s a resolution (pixels per inch) situation.

Bob
DL
Darvin_L._Miller
Nov 21, 2003
I’m still having trouble adjusting the resolutions (pixels per in.) on the Picture Packaged sheets I am pulling up from psd. What particular steps are needed to print these clearly?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 21, 2003
Darvin, you need to make sure when you’re first setting up the Picture Package that the resolution in the middle of the Picture Package dialog is set to a number greater than 200 ppi (240 ppi or 300 ppi are a couple recommended settings); the default is 72 ppi, which is no good at all for printing.

Chuck
DL
Darvin_L._Miller
Nov 22, 2003
Thanks, Chuck, I will try that. It seems like that will solve my problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections