KN
Posted By
keith_nakoff
Nov 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anyone know a patch or fix for the lock up that occurs when attempting to apply a filter from kai’s power tools 3? I’m using photoshop elements.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
Keith,

I don’t know, but do the filters say they are compatible with Elements (rather than full PS)?
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
Keith,

I just looked at their web page and I see that version 5 (though I know you have an older version) does not even support full Photoshop 7 or Mac OSX. This would seem to suggest that they would not be compatible with PSE2 as it is based on PS7. This is my best guess.
J
jhjl1
Nov 18, 2003
I have KPT Effects that says it will work through Photoshop 5 and it works fine with Elements 2, Photoshop 7.1 and PSP 8.1.

Have A Nice Day,
jwh 🙂
My Pictures
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
jh,

I guess that is good and bad news for Keith. Obviously the manufacturer’s site was WAY to conservative on the compatibility issue, stating emphatically that version 5 is not compatible with PS7. Always best to get the "haps" from someone who actually has the program. Which version do you run and what is your opinion of it?

Nancy
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
Keith,

Do you have plenty of available system resources? Some filters require a large amount of processing and keeping current with your "computer housekeeping" chores will improve performance. What operating system are you using? Why not give a few details on your computer specs.

Nancy
J
jhjl1
Nov 18, 2003
Nancy:

It is called KPT effects. I can not find a version # in the pdf. help file or in any of the read me files or any other
documentation. It works fine with all three programs that I use. I haven’t used filters much in the past but I would rate this up there with Eye Candy, Blade Pro or Auto FX. I think the key is to not overuse them.
It includes the following filters:
KPT effects

The KPT effects filters are KPT® Channel SurfingT, KPT® FluidT, KPT®

FraxFlame IIT, KPT® Gradient LabT, KPT® Hyper TilingT, KPT® Ink

DropperT, KPT® Lightning, KPT® Pyramid PaintT, and KPT® ScatterT.

Have A Nice Day,
jwh 🙂
My Pictures
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
KN
keith_nakoff
Nov 19, 2003
I realy appreciate all of the input thus far. Actually I’m impressed. The system that I am using is a 400 mghz processor running win 2000. 370+ megs of ram an pleny of hard drive. I had heard that this problem existed with ps 7 also. I was told that there was an upgrade version, besides 8, that fixed the issue. I was hoping there might be a similar fix for elements. Some one mentioned kpt effects, does anyone know if it contains the texture explorer? That is the main filter that I am realy interested in.

Thanks

Keith
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 19, 2003
Keith,

Jwh listed the contents of KPT Effects about three posts before this one. On the Corel site I just now saw they have "KPT Collection". I didn’t read all the contents, you might want to check it out.
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 19, 2003
Oh, I just remembered, I bought Corel KPT Collection last summer, misplaced the disk, and just found it today after reading this.
I must install it! Thanks for jogging the old memory(mine, not my computer’s). Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections