R
Posted By
Ray
Nov 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you guy have no objection, I will upload the second half of Jodi’s style, as well as the other two she did. They’ll be ready in 45 minutes.

Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ray
Nov 15, 2003
Page has been updated. Enjoy the work of Jodi ! 🙂

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 15, 2003
Could you please post the URL again, Ray? I can find it, but people who didn’t catch the first post might not be able to. Thanks!
R
Ray
Nov 15, 2003
My appologies… I completely forgot it…

http://pages.infinit.net/carbone/jodi/jodi.htm

Thanks Beth for reminding me 🙂

By the way, once this will be done, the offer stands for all of you. If you have something big to share, I can put it up for download on my website. Files under 4MB will be done in one shot, files over 4MB, I’ll break them in smaller parts.

Ray
BT
Ben T
Nov 15, 2003
Jodi, Ray
Thank you, Thank you very much and much appreciated.
Ben T
BG
Byron_Gale
Nov 15, 2003
Once again, THANKS to Jodi and Ray!!

Byron
JD
Juergen_D
Nov 15, 2003
Thanks Jodi, merci Ray!

Juergen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 15, 2003
Byron, Juergen …you are welcome 🙂
SK
Shan_Ko
Nov 15, 2003
Many thanks to both Jodi and Ray. I’ve downloaded, and extracted where required, the file and have them stored now in a folder.
Where should I insert them into the PSE2 program so that I can use them? Appreciate your guidance to the puter illiterate. 😉

Shan
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 15, 2003
Thanks Jodi and Ray…they look great!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 15, 2003
Shan, for PC put in program files>adobe>elements>presets>styles. Let me know if this works out for you.

To Mac users, could you please post the path if it’s different ? Thanks

Terri, glad you like them 🙂
LG
Lorace_Graham
Nov 15, 2003
Thanks loads, Jodi and Ray. I’ll get them in a minute.

I got the first bunch with no problems, but I’m like Shan, wondering how to get them in the Elements program. I put them in the correct folder, but don’t know how to add the frames to the program.

Lorace
R
Ray
Nov 15, 2003
To all, I’m glad you liked the service. Helping each other is so much fun!

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 15, 2003
Lorace, did you get them in there OK ? Wasn’t sure at what point you were getting stuck.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 15, 2003
Lorace, look in Window for Layer Styles. Click on it, and you’ll get the Default Layer styles showing. Click on More and you should find others, including Jodi’s. To use them, I believe the layer can’t be a background layer; has to be converted by double-clicking on the background layer in the layers palette and giving it a new name. Then Layer Styles will work!
SK
Shan_Ko
Nov 15, 2003
Jodi,

Thanks for the tip. Just one other question. After I downloaded your Frames to that folder you mentioned, where can I find these frames on the PSE window/desktop? As you might have noticed, I am pretty hopeless in these high tech stuff. :p

Shan

EDIT: Found them in Layer Styles, Duh! 🙂
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 15, 2003
Confirming the placement is pretty much the same in Macs, Applications>Photoshop Elements>Presets>Styles.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 15, 2003
Shan, please see my post answering Lorace’s question. They’ll appear in Layer Styles when you click the More button.

Chuck
SK
Shan_Ko
Nov 16, 2003
Thanks Chuck, just found them where you said ther are, in the Layer Styles.

Shan
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 16, 2003
Thank you!!! Jodi and Ray!
These so easy and so nice, no fussing about where they go, they landed right in Layer Styles, and they work immediatly.
I sure am not the person to tell them what runway to land on, as they have their built in controller, and they went where they should go, and they work! Bingo! One click and there they are. I sure will be using your wonderful frames. I am going to be passing this info along to my PSE instructor and classmates.
Thanks again, as I really needed easy Frames(I can do them by hand, but why do that unless you need a spicial and fancy one, when you have Jodi’s)
A double thanks, and a bit of extra appreciation for this, as we have transported about a ton of coal in our pickup, many trips, and are exhausted. I needed something easy and great to finish off an exhausting day, and you did it for me with this.
Jane
SK
Shan_Ko
Nov 16, 2003
Wow!!!! Jodi’s Frames are fantastic. From now on, I’ll able to just click and get a beautiful frame. Thank you Jodi for your sharing with us, and thank you Ray for making it possible.

Shan
LG
Lorace_Graham
Nov 16, 2003
Ah, Chuck, thank you. I hadn’t read your post before for some reason. I was looking in Effects under Frames and that’s why I couldn’t find them in Elements.

Thank you all so much. This is wonderful.

Lorace
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 16, 2003
I’m glad you all seem to like my frames. I’ve been trying to think of a way to thank Ray for what he has done for us. Any ideas ?
R
Ray
Nov 16, 2003
Jodi, please… don’t do anything special. It took me about 30 minutes for the whole thing. If someone deserve something, that ought to be you !
SN
Scott_Nelson
Nov 16, 2003
Jodi, They are Great!! Thank you for all your work.
And of course Ray thanks for putting them up for us.

Very much appreciated,
Scott
ML
Marilyn_Lee
Nov 16, 2003
Could you tell me if the ZIP file works only with PE2? The smaller one works with my PE1, but the larger one says it won’t run with my version of Photoshop.

Thanks.

MLee
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 16, 2003
Jodi,

Up to now I have only ever used wooden frames as I didn’t find anything else that I thought looked good …. that is until now. The frames really are fantastic … you are so talented … Thank you for doing them

Most of my other frames have now been made redundant 🙂

Thanks Ray
R
Ray
Nov 16, 2003
Marylin,

The zip files needs to be uncompressed. Go to this address and download an unzipping utility : www.winzip.com

Ray
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Nov 16, 2003
Jodi and Ray,
Thanks for the wonderful frames. Great addition to the program. Ken
LG
Lorace_Graham
Nov 16, 2003
Have I said thanks yet? I think I have but that was before I actually saw the frames.

I found them in the Layers pallet – Jodi had her own category in there and I looked at each one and am tickled to death to have them in the program.

So here’s another – after the fact – thank you for Jodi and Ray!

A happy camper,

Lorace
R
Redmondite
Nov 16, 2003
Nice but the zipped asl file wont work with my PE V1. Is there a V1/V2 compatible version or what?

"Ray" wrote in message
If you guy have no objection, I will upload the second half of Jodi’s
style, as well as the other
two she did. They’ll be ready in 45 minutes.

Ray

ML
Marilyn_Lee
Nov 17, 2003
Ray – Yes, I did unzip the "zip" file into the same path as the other layer styles are located (bevels.asl, complex.asl, Glass Buttons.asl, Jodi_frames_001.asl, etc.) It unzipped as "Jodi’s wood 06 frame – 002.asl.

All of the other styles, including Jodi’s unzipped file, worked fine on the PSD picture I had loaded on the screen. But not the unzipped file. Adobe PE returned the following error message as soon as I clicked on the name of the style in the layer styles drop-down list: "Could not load the styles because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop."

I suppose there are probably patches or upgrades I haven’t loaded for PE1 that make the file workable. Or possibly the problem’s connected with my flaky Win2K Pro. I need to reformat and start over, but just can’t handle that right now. Actually, I need to take some time out from the Challenge and actually learn to use my Elements program. When I read the "Tips" thread that’s going on, it’s like a foreign language to me.

Anyway, the frames that do work are very nice, and I’m sure I’ll make good use of them. Appreciate you and Jodi making them available to us. Thanks.

MLee
CM
Charles_Muhlbauer
Nov 17, 2003
Marilyn Lee,

I too had the same problem, "Could not load the styles because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop." I also have PE1 and use Windows XP so I don’t know if a reformat will solve that particular problem.

The second batch of frames work nicely and I also thank Jodi for the frames and Ray for trying to help me get the first set working.

Does anyone happen to know if there were patches or upgrades to PE1 that we might have missed?

Thanks, Charlie
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 18, 2003
Does anyone happen to know if there were patches or upgrades to PE1 that we might have missed?

Hi, Charlie. Never have been any for either version as far as I’m aware.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
Jodi and Ray,

Thank you both for the great additions to my frames. They are such fun. Some nice variety with a click of the mouse, great!

Nancy
R
Ray
Nov 18, 2003
Charlie,

There’s one update, if you’re running a Pentium 4 processor :

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=4 0&platform=Windows

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 18, 2003
Nancy, glad you enjoyed them ! Such fun …isn’t it ?

Ray, ya that was the only update i ever downloaded for PE1. I still don’t understand why they are getting this message. Could it be an OS matter ? I’m running XP home.
R
Ray
Nov 18, 2003
Since both your sets transited through PS7, I would have assumed that they would both work, or not work. There’s even one person to whom I sent only one layer style (out of the 10 you made), and no luck. It wouldn’t load in PE. I’m a total loss here. Perhaps Rich might have an explanation ?

Ray
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks, Ray and Jodi!

Jodi, just had a chance to try them and these are great!
LM
Lou_M
Nov 18, 2003
Awesome, Jodi! Nice work. And thanks Ray for posting/hosting them.

I just finished creating a few custom picture packages to get photos to fit a frames-within-a-frame that I bought. It worked out really well, but I’d hate to have to do that for every frame I buy.

I’m thinking using your frames and mattes on a regular old 8 x 10 to separate out subpictures. It seems like a heckuva lot less work. Thanks!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 18, 2003
Barb, Lou…. thanks ! Glad you like them.
SN
Scott_Nelson
Nov 18, 2003
It’s my understanding that Elements 1 is based on Photoshop 6. And Elements 2 is based on Photoshop 7.
That could explain the problems of runing in PSE1.
Scott
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 18, 2003
Scott, correct. I made the styles in PS6 and I use PE1. I always test my styles in PE1 and send them to PE2 forum members for testing before sharing. I still do not understand why some PE1 users are getting the error message while other PE1 users are not. I do not know if it is based on OS’s or based on weird Adobe science.
CM
Charles_Muhlbauer
Nov 18, 2003
Ray,

FYI………..

I d/l the Pent 4 update but I still cannot use the first d/l of Jodi’s frames. Still get the same message (not compatible with this version of Photoshop, etc.

I guess there is some conflict on various computers because they work with others using PE1.

Charlie
ML
Marilyn_Lee
Nov 19, 2003
Jodi – Just FYI, I went ahead and loaded PE2 which I’ve had hanging around for a few months but just never got around to putting it on my computer. Copied your file that was decompressed from the zip file into the PE2 path (the file that wouldn’t run in PE1) — and had no problem at all running the styles in that file while using PE2. So, guess there’s various versions of PE1 out there after all, even though no updates are being offered.

Thank you again for sharing your work. Much appreciated.

Marilyn
WA
Wally_Anglesea
Nov 20, 2003
Jodi,

I love ’em. I took the liberty of using one of your wood frames for my self portrait entry.
After seeing the messages this morning chasing us up to finish, I decided to get off my butt and finish it off.

Cheers,
Wally

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections