CV
Posted By
Corrie_van_Wyk
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My HP4600dn laser printer has the capability to print double-sided. It works from WORD, etc but not from Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Do you have any suggestions/solution?

Thanks
Corrie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 13, 2003
As far as I know, all photographic paper for inkjet printers only has a printing surface on one side of the paper. So it doesn’t seem to me that it would be of much advantage to have duplex printing available since Elements is used primarily for working with photographs.
LK
Leen_Koper
Nov 13, 2003
Corrie, as far as I know there is -or has been- an Agfa paper for printing images that can be used on both sides; one side is matt, the other side is glossy.

Leen
JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 13, 2003
Leen,

I did not know that. However, I reread the message and she has a laser printer. What are the implications for printing both sides on a laser printer? I haven’t had any experience with that.

Jim
LK
Leen_Koper
Nov 14, 2003
Corrie, as far as I know there is -or has been- an Agfa paper for printing images that can be used on both sides; one side is matt, the other side is glossy.

Leen
LM
Lou_M
Nov 14, 2003
Well, I guess Leen has a general purpose answer to all questions. 🙂

Corrie, I don’t think Elements can print more than one page at a time. If you try to print more than one page at a time (that is, if your image is too big to fit on one page) it asks if you want to clip it or scale it.

Oh, wait. I just tried File–>Automation Tools–>PDF Slideshow… and that lets you put multiple images in a PDF. You can then use Acrobat to print it, and it should let you print on both sides.
PD
Pete_D
Nov 14, 2003
Brochure paper is made glossy on both sides. However printing both sides or Duplex printing is a function of the printer and not the software program from which you are sending it.

If your printer is capable of double sided printing it will work from PSE. I do it all the time using both manual duplex and one printer I have also has Auto Duplex with an optional rear automatic feeder.

Should you ever try it; the glossy brochure paper often times has "ink bleed" and the printer usually needs set to plain paper (or medium) quality print so less ink is applied to the paper. I used to use the one minute pause between printing the second side but as little as 15 seconds is suficient… usually.

Pete
PD
Pete_D
Nov 14, 2003
Should clarify this. PSE cannot print different pages duplex. I believe you need a program with "linked" pages. I use Microsoft Publisher or sometimes MS Word.
RK
Rick_Kynast
Nov 14, 2003
I use an HP 970cxi. My print dialog box has an "advanced" button that lets me set up to print double sided. If I remember right, I have to go print>preferences>advanced to get there. I don’t know about your laser printer, though. I don’t use that method, preferring to print one side, then re-insert the paper to print the second side.

Many paper manufacturers produce fine art watercolor papers for specialty printing as in printing things like Christmas cards; they have a resin coating on both sides of the paper so I can print on both sides. They cost quite a bit more than standard paper but look very good afterwards.

Hope this helps.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections