BW
Posted By
Brett_Watson
Nov 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve seen the "Grain Surgery" plug-in available at visinf.com, but it costs $179, nearly twice as much as Elements. That’s ridiculous. Does anyone know of a good way to remove heavy grain from a photo? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 12, 2003
One trick that is helpful with jpeg artifacts that might work with grain is this.

Duplicate the background layer
On the top layer, apply a Gaussian Blur and a Median filter (use 3 to 5 settings) Set the blending mode of the top layer to Color

This can have a good smoothing effect
SS
Susan_S.
Nov 12, 2003
If you are using a PC, Neat Image (www.neatimage.com) is highly recommended in the reviews I’ve seen. (I’m still waiting on the Mac version). While the neatimage plugin is $ (not that much iirc) the free demo standalone version does function. I’m waiting for the mac version….
Susan S.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 12, 2003
My friend uses Neat Image and the results are really good.

I too am waiting for the Mac version ….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections