SB
Posted By
Susan_Bernier
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to photoshop elements 2.0 I’ve placed text on an arc and saved it as a tiff. When I place it in PageMaker 7.0 and print it, it prints bitmapped. Do I need to save it in another format? My operating system is XP and I’m printing to a Minolta color printer (Magicolor 2200).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Susan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 7, 2003
Hi, Susan. Check the resolution. You probably created it at the default photoshop setting of 72ppi, which is not enough for a good quality print. Try doing it over with a file set to 300 ppi.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 7, 2003
Don’t know about your printer capabilities, but text in Photoshop, even when still "vector" will only output as vector to a PostScript capable printer. Otherwise it prints as raster and hence is dependent on the ppi of the image itself as for quality.

I’d wager that saving as Tiff for placement into PM has flattened your layers also? (although layers in TIFF is now an option, but don’t know how PM treats them).

Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections