Posted By
-Pete-
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I recently got a version of CS2 at work and am having real trouble with the text tool. Whenever I spend any amount of time adding text to a composition and then try to save, photoshop tells me that it has run out of RAM and cannot save the work… I am using windows professional on a twin 3.6 xeon, 4gb RAM setup with an NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400/4400 graphics card. My Page File is set at Initial:8000MB Maximum:20000 on both of my hard drives and my memory usage in photoshop is set to 70% = 1232MB. There are no problems working with large image files, it only seems to happen when saving text.
Has anyone come across this problem and found a way to solve it as it has also happened on another computer at work and we cant find a solution.
It would be nice to find out whether it is a problem with ps or a problem with our machines/os.

Thanks for any help
Pete

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AJ
Adam_Jerugim
May 30, 2005
Try lowering the allocated RAM to PS to under 1GB and see if it still happens.

Also, what size file are you working with when you’re having the save fail?
-Pete-
May 31, 2005
Hi Adam

Will try lowering the RAM and see what happens.
The file size is v. small, 3.7 mb, it does have about 20 layers, of which 15 are text. It is for an A5 flyer at 300 dpi… so not exactly an intensive project, but then I have been working on image files over a gig and they run/save fine.
The problem only seems to arise if I have had the file open for a long time…

Thanks for the suggestion, will try that now.

Thanks,
Pete.
-Pete-
May 31, 2005
Have tried lowering the ram, no joy I’m afraid…..
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 1, 2005
This may not seem to make sense, but try reducing hardware acceleration in XP’s display properties. There have been some problems with nvidia Quadro FX video cards that Adobe is looking into. If reducing HW acceleration fixes the problem, that narrows the problem down. If it doesn’t fix the problem, turn it back up and try other possible solutions.
-Pete-
Jun 1, 2005
Thanks Michael, will try that now.
-Pete-
Jun 1, 2005
Lowering the HW acceleration did not seem to help, I think it may be an issue with the text engine? but I’ll have a look into the problems with the nvidia quadro FX cards.
Thanks Michael

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections