Posted By
DeeDee_McGann
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is anyone else having this problem?
I click on "Q" or click on the icon on the left hand task bar. The top bar on the image says, "Quick Mask/8" when I reduced it to an 8 bit image, but nothing happens!

I can’t live without Quickmask mode! HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

DeeDee

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 28, 2005
What are your settings for quickmask? (double click the quickmask icon)Maybe the opcaity is set to 0% ?
How dos it not work? you are unable to see the selection?
DM
DeeDee_McGann
May 28, 2005
Thank you for your reply Pierre.
The color is set to Red 50% opacity.
When I use the brush, no red shows up. After I paint and click on the other icon to show the selection, there is no selection.

I am on Windows XP Pro Dell Dimention XPS Gen 3 Intel Pentium 3.4GHZ, 2 Gig Ram, single processor (not dual).

I still have Photoshop CS installed and it works just fine there.

I did not change any settings in CS 2.

DeeDee
S
stevent
May 28, 2005
check your brush settings, or create a selection and then go to quick mask, and see if it shows up.
DM
DeeDee_McGann
May 28, 2005
Hi StevenT.
When I create a selection on an image using one of the selection tools, I used (elliptical marquee) and then clicked on "Q", it showed up red everyone but my selection.

The main thing I use Quick Mask for, however is to paint in a selection.

So what do I do now? =/

Thank you,

DeeDee
C
chrisjbirchall
May 29, 2005
I used (elliptical marquee) and then clicked on "Q", it showed up red everyone but my selection.

This shows that the Quick Mask function is working okay.

When I use the brush, no red shows up.

This points to the Brushes not working properly.

* Do the brushes work when you are not in Quick mask? (eg just paint on the image)

* After entering Quick mask, are your default FG/BG colours Black/white? (hit D)

* You might try Deleting the Preferences file (as per the FAQs) in case something has become corrupt there.

Hope some of this helps.

Chris.
DM
DeeDee_McGann
May 29, 2005
Thank you Chris!

After I hit Q the default colors were NOT black and white. Once I switched them to B/W, it worked fine. I have never had to do that when in Quick Mask mode, so I didn’t even notice they weren’t chosen.

It works great now!

Thanks again,

DeeDee
C
chrisjbirchall
May 29, 2005
You’re welcome DeeDee.

Quick way of working…

* Hit D for default colours.
* Hit X to eXchange them

Chris.
DM
DeeDee_McGann
Jun 1, 2005
Thank you Chris!

DeeDee

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections