Views
Replies
Status
Closed
GREAT LAKES DIGITAL:
Photoshop Soup2Nuts
June 18 & 19
Ann Arbor, Michigan

This June, Adobe Photoshop co-creator Thomas Knoll and Washtenaw Community College digital photography instructor Terry Abrams will be joined by Adobe guru Russell Brown, renown digital photographers Katrin Eismann and Jeff Schewe, and digital imaging experts and photographers Don Werthmann and Jennifer Baker for the Great Lakes Digital workshop – Photoshop Soup2Nuts.

Proceeds from this event will benefit educational scholarships at Washtenaw Community College and Summers-Knoll School.

Before June 1st- $150
After June 1st and at the door- $175

This is a great opportunity for people in the Midwest to get the chance to attend a high-level workshop and see top speakers without travel to the coasts.

Additional info and registration:
<http://www.greatlakesdigital.org>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
May 20, 2004
P
Phosphor
May 20, 2004
Disagree all you want, but this is spam as much as Glenn Mitchell’s recent posts are/were.

PLUS…it’s been made STICKY. That’s spitting snot in my sandwich.

Whoever stickified this thread has lost points in my "good guy" column tally.

Yes, it’s of interest to the people who visit here. But it still reeks of fishy, rotten, unshowered, un-perfumed spamSTINK™.

Congratulations, whoever. You’ve taken advantage of your connections to circumvent the TOS agreement that all of us are bound to.

You suck.
PF
Peter_Figen
May 20, 2004
Isn’t is ironic how this reference features the very person who was so vocal in his criticism of Mitchell.
P
Phosphor
May 20, 2004
I assume you’re speaking of Jeff Schewe, Peter?

As far as I’m concerned, Spam is Spam, no matter who endorses and sanctions it.

I don’t care if it’s posted by the Knoll Bros. themselves, it’s spam.
D
DorothyK
May 20, 2004
The hosts were told, when it was posted, that it was a workshop that was sponsored by Adobe. No other factor comes into play.
JS
Jeff_Schewe
May 20, 2004
Phosphor,

Mr. Mitchells is EXACTLY why I didn’t post this. However, I do think it’s fair if an Adobe sponsored event is mentioned on and Adobe forum-don’t you?

It may be ironic that both Russell and I will be there, but this event is for a good cause (student scholorships) and will have Thomas Knoll, Katrin Eismann and Russel Brown (and myself) speaking. . .it’s a bit more formal than some "tutorials" that a fellow promotes on every site he’s still a member of. (he was banned from Rob Gailbrath).

Hardly the same dooode. . .
P
Phosphor
May 21, 2004
OK…but why does it deserve to be made sticky?

You know as well as I do that if it was important to people, that the thread would stay floated toward the top of the index, as folks replied and asked for clarifications.

I just think that it’s an abuse of clique-ish, nepotistic connections.

The thread I posted about the latest REAL OS X security risk is far more deserving of sticky status.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 21, 2004
Phos,

Considering that Jeff has had a major influence of the software that you use, it would be really cool of you to just chill a bit, and understand that not only is he well respected, he’s a kind an gentle man that gives to everyone, INCLUDING charities.

So this may be iffy to some to stick a thread, but the intentions are truly sacred.

Your concerns are valid, but giving to human beings far outweighs some quirky software issue.

Put things in context.

enough said.
AW
Allen_Wicks
May 21, 2004
We make this Forum what it is, but Adobe hosts it and provides the reason (Photoshop) that we are here at all. I think that entitles Adobe to spam us once in a while.

Now how about some seminars where I live, Lake Tahoe? <g> I will – within reason – provide the tequila.
IL
Ian_Lyons
May 21, 2004
Allen

Tequila will get you nowhere – Wine and you might arouse their attention 😉
JV
John_Vitollo
May 22, 2004
Wine? Light weights!
L
LRK
May 22, 2004
We have a brand new beautiful Convention Center <http://www.palmbeachfl.com/ConventionCenter/Video.aspx> right near City Place <http://www.cityplace.com/> in Palm Beach County. I’m waiting eagerly for some of you heavy weights to book some conferences here.
P
Phosphor
May 22, 2004
"heavy weights" actually means "fat bastids."

Linda’s just too polite to actually type that.

😉
JV
John_Vitollo
May 22, 2004
Please have respect for people.
L
LRK
May 22, 2004
I agree with John…
P
Phosphor
May 22, 2004
Cripes, people…get a sense of humor already!
L
LRK
May 22, 2004
Phosphor… Sorry about that but your tone throughout this thread does not evoke a sense of humor.

Nevertheless, you can be a nice person when you want to…
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 23, 2004
Phos, I had at first look the impression that this was off-base, but given the fact that
a) it is an adobe sponsored even
b) it is fundraiser for childrens

I think that it is good to see it sticky! Charity is so uncommon those times!
P
Phosphor
May 23, 2004
It’s still sticks in my craw.

(That’s a uniquely American phrase. Please don’t ask what a "craw" is)

😉
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 23, 2004
Gizzard?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 23, 2004
A rogue zone that only geeks have.

;o~
AW
Allen_Wicks
May 23, 2004
From <http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=craw>:

craw
n.

1. The crop of a bird or insect.
2. The stomach of an animal.

Idiom:
stick in (one’s) craw

To cause one to feel abiding discontent and resentment.

[Middle English crawe.]

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections