CS2 – How to save a PDF without VECTOR DATA????

B
Posted By
biznotcher
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Photoshop CS, when I saved as a Photoshop PDF, I had the option to include or exclude vector data.

In most instances, embedding the vector data from Photoshop results in a smaller PDF file size, but when the PSD image gets large and there is a lot of text, *sometimes* the PDF can actually be smaller by just having it save without vector data.

With the new save as PDF dialog that is shared among all CS2 apps, Photoshop now seems to no longer provide an option for creating the PDF without embedding any vector data. Is there a way to regain this functionality, besides just exporting the Photoshop as a JPG at 100% and then creating a PDF from that??

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 25, 2005
biz,

I dont have the answer to your question, but am curious what your are using these PDFs for? If they are to be distributed, have you tried printing one of those rasterised PDFs? How does it look with 72ppi raster text?

Mathias
B
biznotcher
May 25, 2005
Mathias,

I’m not printing these… just sending through email.
DM
dave_milbut
May 26, 2005
can’t you just flatten the file first (there by rasterizing any text and objects) before save?
B
biznotcher
May 26, 2005
yeah i could… that’s yet another workaround for this…the one i thought of was just to save as a JPG or TIF and then convert to PDF.

either way, i know this isn’t a huge deal, it’s just a process i was used to before CS2. i simply used to save a pdf without vector data and that was that. i just don’t have that option anymore so i was wondering if there was something i was missing…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections