ME
Posted By
Monte_Evans
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a new problem with CS2 along with 2 other friends. When I open several images at the same time in Photoshop, I like to maximize the top image and work on it, (such as cropping), save it and then close that file. When I did this in previous versions of Photoshop, the next and subsequent opened files would then open in a "maximized" format. CS2 does not open the next files in this "maximized" format and it is causing an extra step on each and every file. I have check my settings/preferences and can not seem to find a solution.

Does anybody know an answer to this minor, yet disturbing question?

Thank you,
Monte

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 25, 2005
Try to Shift+click on the full screen mode button of the toolbar (not the title bar of your document)
C
chrisjbirchall
May 25, 2005
This change is due to the way the images now open in their own window – outside the main Photoshop window.

The plus side of this is the fact you have the ability to move images onto your second monitor and you can now "roll up" the main Photoshop window to reveal the desktop.

If you don’t want or need these features however, there is a workaround.

First, be aware there are two different "full screen" modes. You can hit F (or the button at the bottom of the tool bar) to give a true full screen. Or you can click the Maximize button at the top right of the image window to "maximize" the image to fill the screen.

To recreate the behavior you are looking for you’ll need to do this:

First have the main Photoshop window maximized (or at least filling the screen ie: not rolled up).

Open your first image and hit its Maximize button.

Not select all the other images for editing and open them. Each will now open in the maximized state and you can continue with your editing routine as before.

Best of both worlds! <grin>

Chris.
ME
Monte_Evans
May 25, 2005
Pierre said:

"Try to Shift+click on the full screen mode button of the toolbar (not the title bar of your document)"

I can not get this method to work for me. I wish it did work. Is there something I am not doing?

Chris’ method does work, even though it is an extra step from the previous CS version. Thank you Chris.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections