LN
Posted By
Lydia_Nadolski
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to place a Photoshop file into an InDesign CS document. I keep getting the warning that the Photoshop image was not saved at Maximum File Compatiblity even though I have that turn on Always in my Preferences. Any help would be appreciated, as I am a newbie.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jonf
May 5, 2004
A "Photshop file"? As in .psd? You should save it as a tiff or eps to place it into InDesign.
B
Buko
May 5, 2004
In the prefs inder file handling make sure maximize compatability is set to always.

You may need to trash your prefs and reset eveything.

But you should have no problem placing PSDs in ID I do it all the time.
R
Ram
May 5, 2004
I haven’t been using InDesign that long myself, but so far I have had no problems placing psd files in it either.
DK
Doug_Katz
May 5, 2004
Just curious: Will they place in InD without Max Comp? I mean like they do in AICS?
R
Ram
May 6, 2004
Doug,

I only have InDesign 2 and AI 8. I probably will update InDesign to CS, but I can’t justify AI CS. Also, as I said in the other thread, I always have Max Com on.
DK
Doug_Katz
May 6, 2004
Right, I remember, Ramón. Just wondering if anyone knows about layered PSDs being link-placed in IDCS… because they DO link-place in AICS even without Max Comp on.
SS
Stephanie_Schaefer
May 6, 2004
Lydia,

The Maximize Compatiblity setting is persistent for a file. If you initally saved the file without the composite (maximize compatiblity setting off), it will always save without the composite – regardless of the preference.

Have you tried performing a Save As? If so, did the file place in InDesign?

–Steph

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections