J
Posted By
JenniferSyer
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, this is going to sound stupid and made up, but it’s an honest to God situation….

I have Photoshop 7.0 installed on my machine.

I’m getting a new computer, and as such, need to install Photoshop 7.0 on it (I’m unistalling Photoshop from the old machine, so I’m not out of license agreement)… However, the IT Administrator that installed P7 on my old machine quit work, and the serial number of the software (which should be on the back of the CD cover) isn’t there, nor can I find the box that the software came in…

I have 20 of the 24 digits of the serial number (when I pull up the About Photoshop dialog I can see them), but I need the last 4 digits…

Does anyone know how I can get the last 4 digits of the serial number? (I don’t think the IT Admin registered Photoshop, either)…

Thanks, everyone!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
You’re on the Photoshop Elements forum, although I think the answer will still be that you’re out of luck. If the software was registered, Adobe could help. If it wasn’t… It would probably be worth a call to Adobe customer support, though. You never can tell.
J
JenniferSyer
Oct 31, 2003
I didn’t see a general Photoshop Forum… Did I just miss it somewhere?
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
Gee. I was gonna be a real smart a– and give you the link, but I can’t find it in the list today, either! That’s really weird. Two of us are reading-challenged?! There really are separate forums for full Photoshop, broken down Mac and Win – at least there used to be as of a day or so ago. OK, somebody!! Show is where it’s at!

Sorry Jennifer. Should the other forum ever show up again, I think you’ll still get the same information, though.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 31, 2003
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b362>

There it is ! It’s called "Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Imageready". This link is for Windows.

Ray
BG
Byron_Gale
Oct 31, 2003
Jennifer,

On my Win98SE system, with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 installed, my full serial # is contained in the registry at:

" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Uninstall\Adob e Photoshop Elements 2.0"

At that location, it is in the "SERIAL" string.

Perhaps PS7 has a similarly-located registry copy of the SN#.

Byron
J
JenniferSyer
Oct 31, 2003
Thanks, I’ll try that…

I’ll also repost this ? to the actual Photoshop forum if I can’t find the S/N in the registry.
J
JenniferSyer
Oct 31, 2003
Worked like a charm! Out of curiosity, does anyone know if I can uninstall older versions of Photoshop wo/affecting Photoshop 7? I want to clean up some space on my harddrive…

Thanks again, Byron!
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 1, 2003
Each version is an independent program in its own folder.
J
JenniferSyer
Nov 4, 2003
So that means Yes, I can safely uninstall the older versions wo/adversely affecting the newest one?

Also, when it comes to the next round of upgrades, that should mean that I can upgrade wo/difficulty (so long as I keep the old serial numbers?)

Thanks!
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 4, 2003
The only serial number you would need is the one from the product from which you’re doing the upgrade.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections