KQ
Posted By
Kevin_Quattro
May 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having an issue where CS2 fails to find a library file and then quits. It does not tell me what library file. It does tell me that I should reinstall. If I run Adobe Bridge, it launches but then tells me there is a licencing issue and I need to run at least one other Photoshop application.

I have reinstalled CS2 three times now. The first install was actually a fresh install of Windows XP too, so it doesn’t get any cleaner than that!

Any clues? This is really frustrating. As of now my CS2 will not run. I really wish it gave a more detailed reason. Makes no sense.

CS was running fine since day one and CS2 was running fine for about a week. I’ve done nothing major to my system, I don’t know what is wrong.

System Specs:
P4 2.6c
Windows XP Pro SP2
DX9.1
NVIDIA 6800GT
Creative Audigy 2
3GB ram
320GB RAID
Panda Antivirus/spyware protection
Belkin router and router based firewall only.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 21, 2005
you didn’t install cs2 into the same folder as cs did you? they need to be in serparete folder. (that’s the default).
KQ
Kevin_Quattro
May 21, 2005
Nope. Don’t even have CS installed this last time, just let it scan my CS CD. Still won’t load. 🙁
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 22, 2005
Do you have third party plug-ins? scanner? Networked printer? bad fonts?
U
uberandy9
May 22, 2005
try deleting or renaming the cs plugins folder. i had a similar problem when i set cs2 to use an additioanl plugins folder in the cs install dir. i deleted all the old cs plugins and it fixed the problem.
DM
dave_milbut
May 22, 2005
you should never do that. previous version adobe ps plugins can be incompatable with the new ones of the same name.

all third party plugins should go to their own folder (for example: C:\uberandyPlugins) and you should point to that.
KQ
Kevin_Quattro
May 22, 2005
CS is not installed on my system. Just CS2.

I am wondering if it’s one of the MSVCR.dlls that CS2 uses? Maybe it’s conflicting with the ones in the Windows/System32 folder? I looked and saw that some of the Windows ones are out of date compared to CS2. Maybe CS2 is loading the Windows ones instead?
DM
dave_milbut
May 22, 2005
sorry for the confusion kevin, i was responding to andy.

I looked and saw that some of the Windows ones are out of date compared to CS2. Maybe CS2 is loading the Windows ones instead?

windows is loading whichever one was last registered. probably cs2’s. you have xp service pack 2. do you have all other windows updates?
KQ
Kevin_Quattro
May 22, 2005
Yup, got them all.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 24, 2005
I’ll bet his anti-virus software prevented some files from installing…..
KQ
Kevin_Quattro
May 24, 2005
On the phone with Adobe support, we booted Windows in minimal mode. So no AV software was running. Still didn’t work.

Adobe support thinks it’s my RAID hard drive setup and might be sending me files to fix the issue.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections