FC
Posted By
frederick_chipkin
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I installed CS2 it changed my default color settings when I printed something. I changed the settings to the ones I like however once in a while they default back again to the old (unwanted) settings.
This is what happens..
1. I go to print then preview.
2. The default setting in color management was set to "LET PRINTER DETERMINE THE COLORS" This gives me the wrong colors.
3. I switched the setting to "LET PHOTOSHOP DETERMINE THE COLORS (BLACK POINT COMPENSATION IS NOT CHECKED).

This solves the problem however every once in a while I get a surprise. Photoshop for no apparent reason defaults back to the old bad color settings. So I find myself constantly having to look at COLOR MANAGEMENT when printing.
Is this a known issue? How do I solve this?
Thanks,
Frederick

This happens both on windows 2000 xpsp2
I have 2 gigs of ram

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
May 20, 2005
CS2 didn’t "change" your settings – because you had no settings until you ran CS2.

For most users "let printer determine colors" is what they want (because they don’t want to think about profiles).

Photoshop will only change the setting if you change it, or the preferences get reset.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections