AR
Posted By
Anne_Rigsby
Oct 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Thanks, Beth and Ray. I’m still frustrated but less so simply because you took the time to answer me. Thank you so much. Still haven’t figured out the palettes thing, but am getting there. Next question: When I "save as" I usually give the file a name that means something to me. Everything seems to work but when I try to find that file again, I can’t. Also, after I’ve downloaded several images from my camera, is there a way to save them all? Am I too far ahead of myself? Trying to plow through the user quide is hard when I can’t keep an image I want to work on in front of me. Thanks again for your time. Thanks to anyone who can help. Anne

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Oct 30, 2003
Anne,

If you are not using a Card Reader to download images from your camera memory card to your PC, you should really consider spending the $20 to get this USB device. This method allows fast and safe transfer and doesn’t require your camera teetering on your desk.

This is what I do…

* remove card from camera
* insert into card reader
* a new drive is listed on your computer
* images are in a subfolder of that drive
* create a new folder on your PC, copy/paste all images into this * in PSE, go to File>Automate>Batch
* point the program to your new folder
* set up the Batch to convert all files to .psd format (native PSE) * you can also change the resolution here if desired
* for a destination folder; set it to a second new folder (which you need to create) or could point to source folder again (if you did it this way, you’d have to go back to that folder and delete all the .jpg ones if your camera produced jpgs)
* burn the contents of your new folder to a CD for safe keeping * either clear the card while still in the Reader or return to camera and delete all images * use the Contact Sheet feature in PSE to produce a printed sheet of thumbnails of the contents of your folder so it will be easy to locate a particular one later
* since you should ALWAYS work on a copy, pull up an image from your new folder, duplicate it, close the ‘original’

Somewhere in your process you can rename your images. This is best done after converting to .psd. The secret to using Save As and finding it later, is to pay strict attention to the folder listed on that dialog box. It will probably have the last folder you used listed as the folder it will save to. Just make sure the folder listed is the one you want. If it is not, just navigate in that dialog box so that the desired folder for saving location is listed. Many people have suffered the frustration you are dealing with in not being able to find the image later. Don’t despair, just pay attention to and change if needed, the folder that is listed in the Save As box.

Nancy
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 30, 2003
You know what? I could have sworn I answered this post yesterday. Maybe this forum is eating replies, because I know how to check the Previous page! Or wait a minute – is this the one that was posted twice? Maybe that’s where my answer is. Sorry. 🙂
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 30, 2003
Beth,

Well I am the dummy if I wrote all that for a duplicate post!

Nancy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Oct 30, 2003
No, there is actually two identical threads. Beth, you did answer it in the other thread.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 30, 2003
No, no, no! I didn’t mean you were a dummy! But you know what else? I don’t think the poster has been back to look at any of the replies.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections