JW
Posted By
Jeff_Wakefield
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just received my PS CS2 Upgrade in the mail this evening. I am running the full version of Windows XP Home version on a Dell Pent 4, 2.4GHz, 1G SD RAM. Any hints for a successful install before I break the plastic and insert the disk?

Thanks! Jeff

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TR
The_Rock
May 20, 2005
same setup with operating system … install and functionality went well … go for it … should be fine

the_rock

wrote in message
I just received my PS CS2 Upgrade in the mail this evening. I am running
the full version of Windows XP Home version on a Dell Pent 4, 2.4GHz, 1G SD RAM. Any hints for a successful install before I break the plastic and insert the disk?
Thanks! Jeff
DR
Danny Raphael
May 20, 2005
This thread might give you some ideas…

Lawrence Hudetz, "CS2 migration / conversion: Tasks to remember" #1, 8 Apr 2005 2:39 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

– – – – – –

Add to it, if you would, as you make your own journey. 🙂

Good luck with the upgrade.
JW
Jeff_Wakefield
May 20, 2005
Thanks! I will do so. Installed late last night with no problems so far. It installed in a separate directory so CS is still there, alive and well so I maybe I can export from CS to CS2 (If I can get both instances to run at once). I will add info to the thread link you provided as I go.

Jeff
DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
May 20, 2005
I used the tip that was posted to keep all your seperately purchased plugins in a special plugin directory, so when you upgrade all you have to do is point to that directory as the additional plugins directory.

So far everything is going really well. XP Pro, 2 GB, Athlon 3800+ chip.
JW
Jeff_Wakefield
May 20, 2005
Thanks Dana, appreciate the info!
DR
Danny Raphael
May 21, 2005
Jeff:

Congrats on the initial results!! 🙂

re:

If I can get both instances to run at once…

I’m pretty sure I’ve read you can only fire up one PS at a time. If I’m mistaken, pls. let me know.
DM
dave_milbut
May 21, 2005
I tried to run both. You can’t.
JW
Jeff_Wakefield
May 21, 2005
You are right. I am going to reload the plugins I have disks for and download others (If I can do it without paying twice) in the same directory as you mention and point to that directory.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections