AB
Posted By
Alan_Bessette
Oct 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can’t open ***.psp files that I had opened 5 months ago. Did an edit on the PSP file type and made it same as PSD which does open but still a problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Oct 28, 2003
Alan,

If you mean by .psp a file created in Paint Shop, I don’t think that PSE can open those files. You could convert the .psd files within Paint Shop to .tif and then PSE could open them. (though I am confused in that you say you used to open them)
AB
Alan_Bessette
Oct 28, 2003
No I mean a file such as "C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\Elements\Adobe Photoshop Elements Prefs\Adobe Photoshop Elements Prefs.psp". I did try opening a .psp file in paint and it wouldn’t open.
PL
Paul_L_UK
Oct 28, 2003
It sounds like you are trying to open a system-type file with a graphics program – why do you want to. The elements prefs it how elements presents itself to you, with layout, toolbar, and selected options information, it isn’t a picture.

Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections