AW
Posted By
Al_Waltemyer
Oct 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
To use the interactive tutorial "Harness the power of layers" I am advised to Open the "Start.psd" file in the Tutorials folder located inside the Adobe Photoshop Elements application folder. I do not know how to locate the APE applications folder or the "Start.psd" file in the Tutorials folder. Using Windows XP and a version of PS Elements 2.0 that was included with a scanner that I recently purchased. Is it possible that this complementary copy of PS Elements 2.0 is missing these parts? Thank you in advance for any help with this issue. Al in Delaware

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 24, 2003
You should have them all. The path would be something like C\program files\adobe\photoshop elements\tutorials.

If you still don’t find it you might try reinstalling PE over your existing copy.
AW
Al_Waltemyer
Oct 24, 2003
Thank you Barbara. It was precisely where you suggested. I am very new and have so much to learn. Al from Delaware
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 24, 2003
Glad you found it–it’s a great tutorial.
LG
Lorace_Graham
Oct 24, 2003
And, Al, sometime when you go to look for it and can’t see it, make sure that you’re set at ALL FILES.

I panicked and thought mine was missing and someone on here straightened me out on that!

Good luck with the tutorial. It will open your eyes to lots of things. I’m learning, too.

Lorace
AW
Al_Waltemyer
Oct 24, 2003
Lorace, Thank you for the reply. Please, What do you mean by being set at ALL FILES? Where do I set the ALL FILES? Al
LG
Lorace_Graham
Oct 25, 2003
Al, when you use the OPEN command, it shows you the directory you want. Beneath the name of the file on your screen (lower windows), you’ll see the next line which is FILES OF TYPE….sometimes this is set to .JPG, or .DOC, or whatever. Use the little arrow (the radio button) and choose ALL FILES.

That way the browser will display the names of all the files in that directory.

Hope this makes sense.

Lorace
AW
Al_Waltemyer
Oct 25, 2003
Hi Lorace, I think I found it. Only a slight difference on my screen – it reads ALL Formats. That is the one I chose. I have been playing with the tutorial and find it very helpful. Thanks a lot. Al in Delaware

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections