Posted By
Shawn_Din
May 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’m new to using adobe photoshop and image ready and was wondering if and how i can join a bunch of pdf files all into one larger multi-paged pdf file?

All input and help is greatly appreciated.

Shawn Din
Engineer
Lakeport Brewery Corp
201 Burlington Street East
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
May 17, 2005
You don’t do it in Photoshop, you do it in Acrobat.

Bob
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
May 17, 2005
Acrobat 7 Pro or standard–New>Make PDF from Multiple Files…You cannot do this with Reader!
BL
Bob Levine
May 17, 2005
Actually it’s file>create PDF>from multiple files.

Just want to be sure it’s clear.

Bob
SD
Shawn_Din
May 17, 2005
OH MAN!!! 🙁 dont have acrobat, well i have acrobat reader but not the full acrobat. isnt there any other way for me to get these files all together? image ready perhaps?

Shawn.
BL
Bob Levine
May 17, 2005
Do you have a pagelayout application?

Bob
SD
Shawn_Din
May 17, 2005
no, i dont think so.

Shawn.
BL
Bob Levine
May 17, 2005
Then you can’t do it.

Bob
TH
Tina_Hayes
May 18, 2005
CS2 can create multiple page PDFs. (And I’m assuming that CS1 could too?)

File>>Automate>>PDF Presentation>>Check the Multi-Page Document checkbox.

The limitation with this is that while you will get page thumbnails, you won’t have bookmarks.
BL
Bob Levine
May 18, 2005
That only works with image files or actual Photoshop PDFs. It won’t work with standard PDFs unless he opens the all and rasterizes them first.

In effect, all you’ll wind up with is a photo album.

Bob
SD
Shawn_Din
May 18, 2005
ok
if this is the only way i can get it done then its all i need. Whats the difference betweeen "image files", "photoshop PDF" and "standard PDF"
what i did was scan a manual and in photoshop saved all the files as PDFs. the problem for me is that each scan was seperated into its own file. i want to put all these files together, so it reads like the manual it is. perhaps theres another format i could save my files as so that i can join them all?

shawn
SD
Shawn_Din
May 18, 2005
OH, by the way,
🙂
Tina your a genius!!!!
your method worked like a charm. i could care less about the bookmarks and thumbnails all i need is the files together as one and it now is all good.

Thank you. And thanks to everyone else for there input, as a new user of photoshop and adobe programs in general i would like to learn as much as i can and by posting this thread i learnt a great deal.

Shawn.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections