CS2 – how do i get the adobe save as/open dialogs?

BN
Posted By
Biz_Notch
May 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
all i see when saving or opening a file is the standard windows dialog box. and i don’t see an option to use the adobe dialog. what gives?

is there a registry setting to restore this? what am i missing?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 17, 2005
It’s in the lower left corner of the Windows dialog box. But based on my experience you don’t want to go there.
C
chrisjbirchall
May 17, 2005
lower left corner of the Windows dialog box

….only if you have the CS2 suite. This option is not available if you’re only running Photoshop.
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2005
…only if you have the CS2 suite. This option is not available if you’re only running Photoshop.

are y ou sure? i’m not at my machine now, but i can swear i’ve seen the new adobe dialogs with just the ps cs2 upgrade version…
TM
Trevor_Morris
May 17, 2005
Yes, it’s there regardless of whether you have Photoshop or the entire Suite, but you have to enable the "Version Cue" option in Preferences > File Handling in order to enable the "Use Adobe Dialog" button in the Open/Save dialogs.
JJ
John Joslin
May 17, 2005
So what’s so special about the Adobe Dialog?
L
LenHewitt
May 17, 2005
John,

It allows you to add ‘version comment’s to save multiple revisions and has folder selection similar to Bridge
JJ
John Joslin
May 17, 2005
Thanks Len.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections