AC
Posted By
Allen_Canby
Oct 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently had to reformat and reinstall everything. (A Trojan Horse stampeded over me). At some point in the past I downloaded four updated files that were to replace existing files in Photoshop Elements. Two of them were LightingEffects.8bf and Shear.8bf that replaced files in the Adobe\Photoshop Elements\Plug-Ins\Filters folder. No problem there. One of the other files is MMXCore.8bx located in the \Plug-Ins\Extensions folder. No problem there, either. The fourth file, Plugin.dll was to replace the existing file in the \Plug-Ins\Libraries folder but there is no such folder in Photoshop Elements. I found the file in the Adobe\Photoshop Elements folder and that is where I put the replacement file. I did move the old files out of their folders before copying the new files in.
Now when I load PE I get the error message, "Could not open MMXCore Routines module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop."
The program seems to run OK but I haven’t utilized all the features. Anybody have any suggestions? Should I create a \Plug-Ins\Libraries folder and put Plugin.dll in there all by itself?

Thanks – Allen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections