RP
Posted By
Russell_Proulx
May 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just a reminder to anyone installing CS2. If you’re using a 3d party color management utility (Colorvision, Monaco, etc..) then you should remember to remove the Adobe Gamma shortcut (added by the CS2 install) from your startup folder.

Russell

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
May 15, 2005
Good point. Easy to forget!
J
Jim
May 15, 2005
wrote in message
Just a reminder to anyone installing CS2. If you’re using a 3d party color
management utility (Colorvision, Monaco, etc..) then you should remember to remove the Adobe Gamma shortcut (added by the CS2 install) from your startup folder.
Russell
Don’t you mean that you should remove Adobe Gamma Loader from the startup? Removing the shortcut really doesn’t do much; you can start any program whether it has a shortcut or not.
Jim
JC
Jay_Craig
May 24, 2005
There’s a technical document here on Adobe’s site that indicates that you can do this (remove loader from startup menu), but also that then you should load your 3rd party profile into Adobe Gamma? I’m somewhat confused on how this works.

Also, if I never make settings with the Adobe Gamma control panel, would there really be a negative effect if I’m using an Eye-One display?
JC
Jay_Craig
May 24, 2005
Sorry, forgot to link the Technical document I was referring to:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/321608.html>
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 24, 2005
Bear in mind that the referenced document is fairly old; it refers to Photoshop 6 and 7, but not CS or CS2. I think I would follow Chris Cox’s current advice for CS2, rather than following instructions for an old version of Photoshop and its associated Adobe Gamma program.
DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
May 24, 2005
I seem to have no problem letting Monaco handle the color of the monitor. If I need to I could load the profile into Adobe Gamma, but why bother?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections