BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey, everyone. Apple just announced new software and a Belkin reader so you can store your photos on your ipod when you are travelling and then download to the computer when you get home. Both mac and windows.

<http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031016/sfth063_1.html>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EM
Elena Murphy
Oct 16, 2003
For those of you who are interested in using this device you’ll need:
1) one of the new third generation iPods that has the dock
2) version 2.1 of the iPod software also released today and,
3) $99
A little pricey for me until I realized how much more free space I have on my ipod than on my computer hard drive… It’s pretty too…
< http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore. woa/71407/wo/2g7vKwipH6Nj2yN9KA21LfMbflQ/0.0.7.1.0.5.21.1.0. 1.0.0.0.1.0>
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 16, 2003
Hi, Elena. I don’t even have an ipod but now I’m tempted. Much easier to take along than a laptop for a long day’s photo shooting. I was going to get a firewire drive to back up photos onto, but now…hmm.
EM
Elena Murphy
Oct 16, 2003
Well if you get it and you’re going to take it into the field, check this case out too… <http://store.yahoo.com/speckproducts/newflipstand.html> The iPods are very pretty and very easy to scratch. I have this case and I LOVE it. I’m 99% sure the reader will be able to plug into it while it’s in the case because I am able to sync with it in there now. This is the toughest case I found that still lets you get to the buttons AND protects the screen area.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 16, 2003
OK…I’ll bite – what in the world is an iPod??
🙂
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
It’s a portable digital music player (MP3 player) from Apple. What’s best about it is that it comes
with a hard drive, as opposed to other similar devices which use Compact Flash cards (or other same type media). 5, 10, 20 and 40 GB I believe are the sizes available for the hard drive. An MP3 song
is usally 2 to 4 Mb (individual milleage may vary here). Now… 20gb gives the user roughly 5000 songs. Quite enough to carry an impressive collection of CDs. The software that operates the device is as good as the device. The device looks really, really nice and sounds great 😉

What was odd is that initially, it supported only Mac (of course, it’s an Apple product!), but then,
a third party company started to sell the software to operate it on Windows. Later, Apple made the move and made its iPod available for PCs.

Ray
P.S. I’ve been looking at these beauties for months now! Today’s news is another good reason to get one 😉
I
imacgirl
Oct 16, 2003
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 16, 2003
Chuck,

Even my 98 year old grandmother knows what an iPod is and she’s been in a coma for several years.

….just kidding …:)

okay…i Pod is also the name of one of the groups of Orca Whales in the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 16, 2003
Chuck, you must not have any adolescent children. 8^)

Elena, thanks! That’s a great case. I hadn’t seen that one before.
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 16, 2003
The people in my Mac Users Group have been storing ‘everything’ in addition to music on their iPods for a good while, but I never bought one because they are rather expensive. I just tote my Powerbook along on vacations, but you have given me a great idea. Maybe Santa could bring me one? Hear that, Santa!
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections