RL
Posted By
Richard_Lindzen
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just installed the whole CS2 Suite. Photoshop seems to be behaving well, but there is a peculiar problem when the program starts up. About the point when the opening screen shows that the twain modules are being loaded, a little window pops up which says that there is an Object Window Exception. There is nothing else in this window except a box at the bottom. When I click on this box, it disappears, and Photoshop continues loading until it is finished. At this point the Intro Window opens up allowing me to choose tutorials, etc. However, the boxes at the bottom of this box are again missing labels. Clicking the box that presumably should be labeled ‘exit’ causes this window to disappear, and from this point on, the program seems to behave. Nevertheless, I have the feeling that the startup behavior suggests that something is not quite right. Does anyone have any idea of what might be wrong?

Dick Lindzen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
May 18, 2005
A third party plugin or TWAIN driver is having a problem loading.

Unfortunately, you’ll have to work out which one is causing it yourself.
RL
Richard_Lindzen
May 18, 2005
Thanks Chris. I called Adobe, however, and they claimed that it was simply Photoshop CS2 complaining about Windows 2000. They recommended switching to XP. On the other hand, they said that the program would still work in Win 2000, and in my experience so far, that is true. Come summer, I will probably switch to XP and reload all my programs.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 18, 2005
I’d love to know who you talked to (did you get a case number). I don’t think that has anything to do with Win2K.
DM
dave_milbut
May 18, 2005
chris is an adobe engineer rich…
RL
Richard_Lindzen
May 18, 2005
The case number is 171591610. The information might not have helped, but at least I haven’t worried about it. Now I can go back to worrying about it. In any event, Chris, I appreciate your presence in this group.

Dick
DM
dave_milbut
May 18, 2005
all of us do! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections