HT
Posted By
Henry_Trapp
Oct 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently, the Auto Color Correction button in the Enhance menu of Elements 2 has been grayed out. Also the Focus button under Quick Fix. This happened after I downloaded some Microsoft security updates– any connection? I restarted the computer and it worked for one photo, than the same problem. Would uninstalling and reinstalling Elements help? It appears that some have had problems with doing that.

I have Windows Me on an IBM NetVista 6832-22U, 256 RAM.

Henry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 13, 2003
Before you uninstall, try deleting the Elements Preference folder. That often cures strange problems like you’re describing, and it’s much easier. With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete the Settings. Say Yes. The folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections