Posted By
Paul Burdett
Nov 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I know this is a PS n/g, but hoping someone can shed some light here. I’ve been "Googling" for an hour or so, but with no luck. It seems that there isn’t an exif program out there that will show whether or not Image Stabilization was used on my Canon 20D, 100-400 lens combo. I guess that as the IS is a function of the lens and not the camera it’s not possible to show this info in the exif?
Cheers,

Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nomail
Nov 1, 2009
Paul Burdett wrote:

I know this is a PS n/g, but hoping someone can shed some light here. I’ve been "Googling" for an hour or so, but with no luck. It seems that there isn’t an exif program out there that will show whether or not Image Stabilization was used on my Canon 20D, 100-400 lens combo. I guess that as the IS is a function of the lens and not the camera it’s not possible to show this info in the exif?

The IS motor is in the lens, but I think the camera will steer it. Besides, the lens and the camera exchange information so it SHOULD be possible. I don’t think it is used however, and if it were, it’s the kind of proprietary information that probably only Canon software will understand. Canon Digital Photo Professional doesn’t show this info, so its a safe bet that it’s not used at all.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
AB
Alan Browne
Nov 1, 2009
Paul Burdett wrote:
Hi all,

Same anser as in the other ng:

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections