I’m a teacher & my class is having this problem:

We take a photograph in jpg.
Use the marquee tool.
Invert the selection
Clik the foreground collor in color picker
Click ok
Choose fill from edit
Set fill to foreground color/normal

But the foreground color never changes. It remains grey.

Any help would be appreciated !

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ray
Oct 5, 2003
Thomas,

I wasn’t able to replicate your issue. I chose red and the selection became red when I did the Edit
/ Fill command. I suspect you might have to trash your preferences. Hold and press SHIFT-ALT-CTRL keys immediately after having double-clicked on the Elements icon. Then answer Yes.

Ray
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 5, 2003
The possibility is that you have the ‘invert’ layer selected when using the color picker which will only give you greyscale color. Use the color picker with the original layer selected.
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 5, 2003
Thomas,

Choose a color from the Swatch palette or use the eyedropper to sample a color from your image. Color appears as foremost square at bottom of Tool Box. If modification of color is needed, click on that square and adjust in the box which pops up. OK it.

Make your marquee, Select>Invert
Create a new blank layer on top of stack (selection lines still showing) hit Alt/Backspace keys (color will fill in on new layer above image)

* in RGB mode

Nancy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections