L
Posted By
liu
Sep 14, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
With tab interface (showing all the open files on tab), I find it hard to drag one layer of one file to another document using the move tool. I have to drag my document out of the tab in order to copy that layer to another file.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Joel
Sep 14, 2009
liu wrote:

With tab interface (showing all the open files on tab), I find it hard to drag one layer of one file to another document using the move tool. I have to drag my document out of the tab in order to copy that layer to another file.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

I can’t be able to picture what the screen may look like at your end, but to me the easier way is how you manager the whole process.

Example I want to create a PUZZLE effect which may have 20-30 pieaces of loose puzzles, which means I will have more than 20-30 layers to deal with. Then all I need to do is NAME each individual layer I want to work on, this way I know exactly which I need to select.

Or a better sample, I want to work on a human face with separated layers for the Eyes, Nose, Ears, Mouth, Chin etc.. then I name the EYES = Left Eye and Right Eye, the NOSE = Nose etc.. so I know exacly which to select.
N
Nnamegah
Sep 14, 2009
liu schreef:

Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

If I understand you right, the solution is as follows:

select move tool
click on the layer you want to move
Drag it to the tab of the other document
Keep it that way until the picture appears and thus this tab becomes active drag it (downwards) to the new picture

let it go!

But I don’t know if I understand your problem….

Best,
cArlo
L
liu
Sep 14, 2009
On Sep 14, 3:32 pm, Nnamegah wrote:
liu schreef:

Is there an easier way?

Thanks,

If I understand you right, the solution is as follows:

select move tool
click on the layer you want to move
Drag it to the tab of the other document
Keep it that way until the picture appears and thus this tab becomes active drag it (downwards) to the new picture

let it go!

Thank you all for the help. Your solution worked. I didn’t wait long enough to see the target document on top. It showed no sign first.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections