Diff between Photoshop CS4 Extended and student edition of same?

R
Posted By
RonTheGuy
Aug 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve poked around and haven’t found a description of the difference between PS CS4 Extended and the higher-education student version of PS CS4 Extended. What differences exist?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
Joel
Aug 3, 2009
(Ron) wrote:

I’ve poked around and haven’t found a description of the difference between PS CS4 Extended and the higher-education student version of PS CS4 Extended. What differences exist?

PRICE!
JP
John Passaneau
Aug 3, 2009
Ron wrote:
No difference at all. both are upgradeable and have the same features.

John Passaneau
JP
John Passaneau
Aug 3, 2009
Ron wrote:
No difference at all. both are upgradeable and have the same features.

John Passaneau
JS
John Stafford
Aug 4, 2009
The only difference is in the EULA (End User’s License Agreement.)

You are not permitted to resell a student version.
J
Joel
Aug 4, 2009
Are you sure about this?
JS
John Stafford
Aug 4, 2009
On 8/4/09 11:33 AM, in article ,
"Joel" wrote:

Are you sure about this?

You mean the ULA? Unless they changed it just for CS4, it remains that the student version license cannot legally be transferred.
JP
John Passaneau
Aug 5, 2009
John Stafford wrote:
"Joel" wrote:

Are you sure about this?

You mean the ULA? Unless they changed it just for CS4, it remains that the student version license cannot legally be transferred.
That is correct, but operationally there is no difference.

John Passaneau
J
Joel
Aug 5, 2009
John Stafford wrote:

"Joel" wrote:

Are you sure about this?

I know that the older educational license agreement required the student to upgrade to FULL version when graduated or start using professionally. But the newer start with CSx has no limitation.

Of course you can transfer or sell it, cuz the buyer won’t get free upgrade but still have to pay for the upgrade fee just like everyone else. IOW, if you can give away your FULL version then you can give away your educational version.

And I don’t mean just give away the CD of older version but transfer the ownership to newer owner.
JS
John Stafford
Aug 5, 2009
On 8/5/09 9:08 AM, in article ,
"Joel" wrote:

John Stafford wrote:

"Joel" wrote:

Are you sure about this?

I know that the older educational license agreement required the student to upgrade to FULL version when graduated or start using professionally. But the newer start with CSx has no limitation.

Of course you can transfer or sell it, cuz the buyer won’t get free upgrade but still have to pay for the upgrade fee just like everyone else. IOW, if you can give away your FULL version then you can give away your educational version.

And I don’t mean just give away the CD of older version but transfer the ownership to newer owner.

You might want to read the EULA.

How do you interpret this part of the EULA?

"NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER EDUCATION, PRE-RELEASE, OR NOT FOR RESALE COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE."
J
Joel
Aug 5, 2009
John Stafford wrote:

On 8/5/09 9:08 AM, in article ,
"Joel" wrote:

John Stafford wrote:

"Joel" wrote:

Are you sure about this?

"NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER EDUCATION, PRE-RELEASE, OR NOT FOR RESALE COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE."

Would you sale me your education version so I can read the agreement? (just kidding). And if you Google around then you should see lot of different questions and answers about the EULA, even directly from the mouth of Adobe.
JS
John Stafford
Aug 5, 2009
On 8/5/09 1:53 PM, in article ,
"Joel" wrote:

John Stafford wrote:

Would you sale me your education version so I can read the agreement? (just kidding). And if you Google around then you should see lot of different questions and answers about the EULA, even directly from the mouth of Adobe.

The EULA for the educational and commercial version have the same wording – it is the same document. You can find it under the folder named "Legal".

You see, the statement above follows the first part which defines the general case to address the educational case.
R
RonTheGuy
Aug 5, 2009
John Passaneau wrote:

John Stafford wrote:
"Joel" wrote:

Are you sure about this?

That is correct, but operationally there is no difference.

John Passaneau

Thanks for all the responses, guys.
Ron

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections