Posted By
ckereszturi
Jul 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It might be an easy one, I don’t know.
How to cut an image exactly in half, or exactly where you want, at specific pixels?
Like, having a 6MP image, which is 2000 X 3000, I want to cut it and have two separate image files. Both 2000 X 1500.
Any idea?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob LaBlawgh
Jul 25, 2009
Csaba & Ildikó wrote:
How to cut an image exactly in half, or exactly where you want, at specific pixels?
Like, having a 6MP image, which is 2000 X 3000, I want to cut it and have two separate image files. Both 2000 X 1500.
Any idea?

Thanks.

Just open the image twice and crop it 2 different ways. The drop too can be adjusted precisely to the dimensions you want.

Bob LaBlawgh
“It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.”
B
bdchmura
Jul 25, 2009
Csaba & Ildikó wrote:
Any idea?

Thanks.
try this —-

press Ctrl+R, go to View,- Snap to Grid, View, -Show Guides, drag a Guide out from the left Rulers to the 1500 pixel mark.

Now press M and make a selection of 2000×1500 px. press Ctrl+Shift+J. This puts that selection to a new Layer(you should have 2 Layers now). All you have o do mow is select each layer and make new files from them(Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+N,Enter, Ctrl+V).

HTH and get used to keyboard shortcuts : ]

Gary W. Chmura
JS
John Stafford
Jul 27, 2009
On 7/24/09 2:33 PM, in article d117$4a6a0ca1$cfd224d8$,
"Csaba & Ildikó" wrote:

View – New Guide
In the window choose Vertical
In the box type 50%

Bingo. Cut on the guide to create a new layer.

Now export the two layers as separate files.
PF
Paul Furman
Jul 29, 2009
Csaba & Ildikó wrote:
Any idea?

Here’s another way:
Image > Canvas size > 2000 X 1500
-click the icon that shows where it crops from center or sides

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections